Being a national symbol it is respected by every Indian . There are certain dos and don'ts laid down for common people regarding Indian flag
* When the National Flag is raised the saffron color band should be at the top.
* No flag or emblem should be placed either above the National Flag or to its right.
* All other flags to be placed to the left of the National Flag if they are hung in a line.
* When the National Flag is carried in a procession or parade, it shall be on the marching right or in front of the center of the line, if there is a line of other flags.
* Normally the National Flag should be flown over important government buildings like the Rashtrapati Bhawan, the Parliament House, the Supreme Court of India, the High Courts, the Secretariats, the Commissioners' office etc.
* The National Flag or any imitation of it must not be used for purpose of trade, business, or profession.
* The National Flag should always be taken down in the evening at sunset.
$$ Some Interesting Facts $$
* The Indian flag was hoisted on the highest mountain peak of the world, Mount Everest on 29th May 1953.
* Madam Bhikaji Rustom Cama was the first person to hoist Indian flag on foreign soil on 22nd August 1907 in Stuttgrat, Germany.
* The Indian National Flag flew to space in 1984 when Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma went to the space. The flag was attached as a medallion on the space suit of Rakesh Sharma..