· A photo of the Earth has been taken from a distance of 3.7 billion miles.
· A human being can survive unprotected in space for about two minutes.
· There are really only 23 hours, 56 minutes, and four seconds in a day, not 24 hours.
· A solid iron ball 1,500 miles wide sits at the centre of the earth. The temperature there is about 9900 Degrees Fahrenheit.
· Earth and mercury are the two densest planets in the Solar System.This means that particles inside the planet are most closely packed together.
· Earth is gradually slowing down. Every few years, an extra second is added to make up for lost time. Millions of years ago, a day on Earth will have been 20 hours long. It is believed that, in millions of years time, a day on Earth will be 27 hours long.
· From a distance, Earth would be the brightest of the planets. This is because sunlight is reflected off the planet's water.
· The Earth weighs 5,980,000,000,000,000,000,000 tonnes.
· Planet Earth rotates around the sun at approximately 1000 miles per hour.