Swami Vivekanand said that an uncontrolled mind leads to all the nativities in life and a controlled mind saves us and frees us from such thoughts. Self awareness is the best way to control one’s mind and also through will power and determination the mind can be stopped from wandering.
Tips to control mind
· Sit quietly and let the mind wander where it wants to go.Keep a strong faith that you are watching your mind drifting in all random directions.The mind is not you or I. Now try connecting with God but not with any worldly thing or relationship.After some time you will see that your mind is calming down like a serene lake.This will slow down the wandering of mind.Each day practice this and identify yourself.With time your mind will be under your control.
· Take several 10-minute brisk walk-breaks throughout the day.
· Practice walking meditation.The rhythmic nature of walking lends itself contemplation. Begin by focusing on the physical act and sensation of walking,and then allow your thoughts to focus on one topic only.
· Be a man or moral value as pure mind is easy to control than impure one.
· Controlling mind is not a one day’s job but it needs a regular and systematic practice. It comes under control when there is a feeling of oneness with God.
· Your body is a weapon and consider it very strong. Consider your mind to be very strong as only with strong mind and body you will be able to cross the ocean of life. Have a strong faith in yourself, your body and mind.
· Be religious. This will make you happy and your mind will be under control.