Emergency Number in Gujarat Phone No : +91-79-23259283
Emergency Number In INDIA :+91-11-26701700
Control Room : +91-11-26701728
What You Can Do To Protect Yourself And Your Family In Flood!!
-> Before a Flood
- Create a family disaster plan, including a family disaster supplies kit.
- Plan an escape route and be aware of which roads near your home flood easily. Plan ahead where the best place to go would be. A shelter? A friend's home?
- Educate family members about emergency procedures. Make sure everyone, including children, know where electric fuse boxes, water service mains, and natural gas mains are and how to turn them off if necessary.
- Plan for your pets. Since pets aren't allowed in shelters due to health regulations, make sure you have a plan to keep your pets safe.
- Ask an out-of-state friend or family member to be your contact should family members get separated during an evacuation. Make sure everyone in your family has contact numbers.
- Check your sump pump. Keep it clean and test it regularly.
Keep an accurate, complete list of the possessions in your home stored off site in case you later need to file insurance claims. An example of a free tool is the Allstate Insurance Digital Locker, a home inventory application that allows you to create and manage a list of your possessions through online cloud storage.
-> During a Flood Watch
- Be prepared to evacuate.
- Listen to a battery-powered radio for the latest storm and flooding information.
- Move valuables to higher locations.
- Move hazardous materials such as paint, oil, pesticides, and cleaning supplies to higher locations.
- Fill bathtubs, sinks, and jugs with clean water in case water becomes contaminated.
- Bring outdoor items indoors.
- If so advised by local authorities, turn off all utilities at the main switch. Close the main gas valve.